Non-contact and Efficient Human Screening for Elevated TemperaturesMetravi Instruments
As the cases of Corona Virus rise in our country, as well as all over the world, we are being advised about various measures to keep ourselves safe. The advice includes social distancing, quarantines at home, better hygiene and cleanliness, etc. The advice also includes the use of essential products like face masks, sanitizers, gloves, PPE kits, non-contact thermometers, etc.
Elevated or abnormal temperature is one way to identify a person who may have a COVID-19 infection, although an infected person may be contagious without an elevated temperature or other easily detectable symptoms. Temperature measurement can be one part of the assessment to determine if a person has an elevated temperature, potentially caused by a COVID-19 infection.
One method to measure a person’s surface temperature is the use of “no-touch” or non-contact thermometers, such as thermal imaging systems (also known as thermal imaging cameras or infrared telethermographic systems) or non-contact infrared thermometers. The use of other temperature assessment devices, such as oral thermometers, requires physical contact which may increase the risk of spreading infection.
Benefits of Non-contact Temperature Assessment Devicesor Thermometers
• These non-contact devices can quickly measure and display a temperature reading so a large number of people can be evaluated individually at points of entry.
• Non-contact infrared thermometers require minimal cleaning between uses.
• Using non-contact temperature measurement devices may help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 infections.
The Metravi PIR-1 is a non-touch Infrared Thermometer to measure human body temperature via the hand palm, wrist or forehead.It is an integrated machine using dual sensors; a laser distance sensor + an infrared temperature detecting sensor, which together detect the temperature of the human body through the cross temperature measurement algorithm of temperature and distance.
The PIR-1 has a high accuracy of 0.2°C. One just needs to put their hand, palm or forehead over the sensor at 2-8 cms distance and get their body temperature instantly & efficiently.
There is no need to touch or remove masks or glasses for screening at entry points.
Hence, it is very suitable for rapid temperature measurement for crowded areas or places without security or medical staff to hold temperature guns. It helps by effectively increasing passage rate and reducing the risk of cross-contamination. No human intervention or manual coordination is required, so it saves manpower resources.
An audible Alarm sounds if abnormal/high temperature is detected and it is °C / °F user-settable.
When used at any Entry/Exits, people can walk through the check-points quickly without any crowding or queuing.
• Mountable on almost any surface and comes with multi-angle adjustment.
• Works with all kinds of displays, security doors and channel gates with an Alarm Alert.
• Can be used as a stand-alone device, or as a supporting device for access control, access gate, security door, etc.
• Uses DC12V power supply and RS485 interface output, which can be easily accessed by the various access control devices.
• Can also be integrated with various intelligent terminals for uploading the temperature testing data to the cloud (or any other software platform) through the network and record all data, which makes it convenient for subsequent checking & analysis.